Sunday, December 14, 2014

Bacon Burger a la Kaiser

     After taking my oldest son to his mid week extra curricular activities I had a spark of thought light a tiny campfire of amazing dinner idea inside my mind.  So I decided to head to the market here in town.  
     I had remembered my wife's words from about two weeks ago, and they were ringing true. She had mentioned that you could get a pound of bacon from the deli for about the same price as a pound of the prepackaged, mostly fat "bacon" that was in the cold cuts aisle.  So I decided to find this out for myself.  Sure as sunrise she was right.  There in front of me was thick, meaty, dare I say ham like bacon in the deli case.  It was only five (that's American green backs) dollars per pound!  This bacon looked good raw, and was just taunting me, as if it were saying "You won't put me in you'r frying pan, you don't have what it takes to handle these loins!"  On the contrary bacon!  
    So the next logical thing to do was to procure the best possible ground beef that this market had to offer.  The choices were fairly standard, but I went with a lean ground beef since this bacon would certainly be upping the goodness.  Now I just need to find the right buns to put this American farm show inside of...so that meant I had to go to a different market with a better bakery.  
    Down, down, down the road I drove.  Once inside this other market I found freshly baked kaiser rolls. I almost went with a potato roll...but I felt the German history crying out for a second chance at making the Americans happy. (just kidding Germans, don't get mad) Now it was off to the homestead!   But not before I picked up some good quality chocolate, a movie for me and my wife, and a movie for the kids.  Never go home with special dinner requests without a game plan! 
    Once home I unfurled the news of my quest for the perfect bacon burger to my beautiful and very talented wife.  She agreed to cook for me once I explained that It wouldn't taste how it would in my mind if I were to cook dinner.  After all, we would not want these beautiful ingredients to go to waste!  voila! Dinner is on the way.  I needed to go pick my son back up.  After that the night would be perfect, bacon burgers, chocolate, the kids watch their movie, we watch our movie, the kids go to bed, we...fall asleep from a chocolate, beef , and bacon induced coma.  That's right baby, Snore City. 
     The burgers were revved up right on time!  I picked up the Cazman, we floated in the door to smell this!  BAM!!

Sadly, I didn't think to take more pictures from other angles, (mostly because i had to cram this into my face immediately) 
and smell-o-vision has not been invented yet (come on science!) Hopefully you get the idea!  I have to give a huge thank you to my wife for this burger, and sweet potato fries with secret spices no less! 

No comments:

Post a Comment